One soldier was killed and two wounded in gun battles with locals.Nevertheless, the 9th Cavalry remained in Wyoming for nearly a year to quell tensions in the area.
Because these soldiers served before the National Park Service was created (1916), they were "park rangers" before the term was coined.The First-class Man of War "Philip & Mary" embedded on shingle not far from Port William, Parish of Mochrum near Sir William Maxwell's Myretoun Castle on the Monreith Estate. In Archaeological and Historical Collections relating to Ayrshire and Galloway. The subscript mentioned a new deed of baronia Killasser and the castle. (click on photos below) A 1782 map shows Balgreggan House of Hon. Farm of Port Spittal, Stoneykirk, 2 miles south of Portpatrick. A bronze age Cist and Urn were found in a grave covered with a whinstone slab.Another deed of 29 June 1621, was from William Houston to William Adair, whereby James Glover, Notary Public, recorded delivery of seizin (sasine) of 4 merk land of Carnewell ( Cairnweil ), next to Kirkmadrin Church, in the Parish of Toscartoun. Great Spanish Armada In AD1588 some vessels belonging to the Great Spanish Armada were wrecked off the western coast, not far from a bay which in commemoration of that circumstance, was named the bay of Float.